What is GDPR?
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a regulation on data protection applied across the EU since May 25, 2018. The GDPR applies to any business that collects the personal data of EU citizens regardless of its location.
What measure does PUBG take to comply with the GDPR?
We make the following efforts to comply with the GDPR:
- We process personal data in a lawful, fair and transparent manner.
- We collect personal data for concrete, explicit and lawful purposes and do not additionally process personal data against such purposes.
- Our processing of personal data is limited for appropriate and relevant purposes of processing and to the extent necessary for such purposes.
- We take reasonable measures to retain correct and latest personal data.
- Personal data that can be used to identify its data subject is retained only when such data is necessary for the purpose of processing personal data.
- We process personal data in a way that security is ensured through proper technical and management measures.
What is PUBG's role under GDPR, the controller or the processor?
A controller is the entity who decides the purposes and methods of processing personal data. Such decisions can be made solely by the controller or jointly by the controller and third parties. A processor processes personal data as instructed by the controller.
As controller, PUBG decides the purposes and methods of processing personal data.
What kind of data does PUBG collect?
- Name, email address and other information that you directly provide us
- Gameplay-related information including K/D record and statistics, information about hardware and OS and other information collected in the course of your using our services
- Information received from external platforms linked to provide our services
- Information required to manage your inquiries and requests
When does PUBG dispose of personal data?
We retain personal data only for the period necessary for the purpose of collecting such data. To decide an appropriate period for retaining personal data, we take into consideration the amount, type and sensitivity of personal data, potential risks of unauthorized use or disclosure of personal data, the purpose of processing personal data and whether the personal data collected will be used.
Where should I ask if I want to exercise the right on my personal data regarding PUBG’s compliance to the GDPR?
Send us your inquiry through our player support page, and we will check it to give you answer.